How to use System UI Tuner in Android Marshmallow to customize quick settings?
System UI Tuner is a new feature introduced in Android Marshmallow to customize quick settings. It is an experimental feature. It may change, break or disappear in future releases.
Activate System UI tuner
- Swipe down from top of the screen to open the quick settings tray.
- Press the settings (gear icon) for a few seconds and release. This activates the System UI Tuner.
Deactivate System UI tuner
Deactivating is similar to activating. Press the settings (gear icon) for a few seconds and release.
Rearrange 'Quick Settings' Tiles
- Tap 'Quick Settings' in System UI Tuner
- Hold a tile. Then drag it and drop it wherever you want.
Delete a 'Quick Settings' Tile
- Tap 'Quick Settings' in System UI Tuner.
- Hold a tile. Then drag it to the trash bin at the bottom of the screen. Note: You will see the trash bin only on holding a tile.
Add a 'Quick Settings' Tile
Hide 'status bar' icons
Notice the alarm and wifi icons in the status bar? We can hide them from the status bar.
- Tap 'Status bar' in System UI Tuner
- Toggle OFF any icon that you want to hide.
Show battery percentage
Displays battery level percentage inside the status bar icon.
- Toggle ON 'Show embedded battery percentage'
- System shows battery level percentage in the icon
Displays full battery, wifi and cellular icons in the status bar irrespective of their actual status. This is useful when taking screenshots or making videos.
- Tap Demo mode in System UI Tuner
- Toggle ON 'Enable demo mode'
- Toggle ON 'Show demo mode'
- Notice that full battery, wifi and cellular icons are shown in the status bar. No other icons are visible.