How To Use Chrome's 'Show Saved Copy' To View Pages Offline?
You can view recently visited pages from Chrome's cache when you are offline. Enable Chrome's 'Show Saved Copy Button' to cache pages that you have visited. Cached pages can be viewed even when you are offline.
To enable 'Show Saved Copy Button'
- Launch Chrome browser.
- Open chrome://flags/#show-saved-copy in Chrome browser
- From the drop down, select 'Enable: Primary'
- Close Chrome and relaunch for changes to take effect.
To build cache and browse offline
Browse pages normally. Pages that you have recently visited will be saved in cache if you have enabled 'Show Saved Copy Button'. There is nothing else to be done to build cache.
- When you are not connected to the internet, open one of the recently visited pages.
- Since you are offline, the page will not open. But you will see a button 'Show Saved Copy'.
- Click the button 'Show Saved Copy'. The page is served from the cache.