How To Scan A Document Using Google Drive On Your Android?
Mobile document scanning is a little different from taking a photograph. It not only clicks the photo but also crops it to remove anything other than the document. The output may not be as good as a scanning machine, but good enough to store bills and receipts for future reference.
Here is how to scan a document using Google drive:
- Open Google Drive app in your Android.
- Tap the Plus (+) icon.
- Tap Scan.
- Press Scan button.
- Point your camera to the document to be scanned.
- Once scanned, tap the tickmark icon to save the scanned document. The document will be saved as a PDF file.
- The document will be uploaded to Google Drive if your Android is connected to the internet. Else, it will upload the next time you connect to internet.
Is the scanned document uploaded as text or image?
The scanned document is uploaded as image inside a PDF file. But if your image is high quality with standard fonts, you can use Google Drive's Optical Character Recognition (OCR) to convert image to text.
- How to take print screen or screenshot with Android tablet or phone?
- Google Chrome bookmarks: Sync bookmarks between PC and Android
- How to use MicroSD card as Internal Storage in Android Marshmallow?
- How to connect a Bluetooth headphone to Android tablet or phone?
- Android Wifi hotspot tethering: password and security
- Do TF Cards and microSD cards mean the same?