How to restore lost and deleted contacts in Android phone?
Contacts deleted from Android address book can be easily restored from 'Google contacts'. Using Google Contacts you can restore you address book to a version in the past.
- 'Google contacts' sync must be enabled in your Android phone. (scroll down to learn how to enable)
- Phone should regularly connect to wifi or mobile data for sync to happen.
To enable 'Google contacts' sync in your Android phone:
- Go to Settings>>Accounts>>Google
- Switch on contacts sync
After this, any updates that you make in your address book get auto-synced with 'Google Contacts' server at regular intervals.
Additional benefit of syncing: It also helps migrate address book to a new phone. In your new phone, add your Google account. The address book downloads to your new phone from Google's servers.
To restore lost and deleted contacts in Android:
- Open google.com/contacts in a web browser
- Login with the same google account that you have used to sync contacts in your Android phone
- In the left side bar, click More>>Restore contacts
- Select a day or time in the last 30 days that you wish to restore the contacts to. Click Restore.
- You contacts will be restored to the version of the contacts that you have selected.
Was this post useful? Please feel free to leave your comments, questions and feedback.