How To Reset An Android Tablet Or Phone To Its Factory Settings?
A factory reset erases all downloaded software and data. It restores the device to its original manufacturer settings. A factory reset is done to fix a software issue that the device is facing.
To factory reset an Android tablet or phone:
Important: Do not forget to back up important data before performing a factory reset.
- Go to Settings>>Backup & Reset
- Tap Factory Data Reset
- Tap 'Reset Tablet' or 'Reset Phone'. This will erase all data and restart the device. After restarting, you must configure the device like a new one.
When to use a factory reset?
- To remove viruses that cannot be removed by any other means.
- To bring the device to its default settings and configuration.
- To remove personal information before selling the device. Note: Factory reset may not be a reliable method of removing personal information.
A factory reset erases all data from internal storage including:
- System and App data
- Accounts and password (e.g: google account)
- Downloaded apps
- Other user data