How to remotely erase data from a lost Android phone or tablet?
You can remotely erase data from a lost Android phone or tablet to prevent misuse. Please do this as soon as you find out that you have lost your device. It will not be possible to erase data after a thief switches off mobile data.
To remotely erase data from Android:
- Go to Android device manager: https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager
- Login with the same google account that you configured in your Android device.
- From the list of devices displayed, select the lost device.
- Wait for a while for device manager to contact your device.
- When the connection is established, click 'Erase'.
- Click 'Erase' when asked for confirmation.
- Device manager performs a factory reset on your device. Apps, photos, music and settings will be deleted.