How to hear YouTube music in the background in Android phone or tablet?
YouTube pauses the video when you switch to another app like email, browser etc. It does not play in the background. You can get around this issue and hear YouTube music in the background.
Note: This method plays only audio in the background and not video.
Steps to play YouTube music in the background:
- Install AudioPocket app from Google Play.
- Now open the YouTube app and play a video.
- Tap anywhere on the video to see video controls.
- Now tap the share button (curved arrow) in the video controls
- Select AndroidPocket. In a few seconds, AudioPocket converts the video into audio.
- Swipe down from the notifications area to see conversion progress. Once the conversion is completed, audio starts to play automatically. Audio continues to play in the background even after YouTube app is closed.
- Swipe down from the notifications area for 'pause' and 'stop' controls.