How To Change Default Browser, Phone And SMS Apps In Android?
In Android, websites are opened with Chrome browser by default. Similarly, SMS and Phone calls are made with built-in apps. This post shows you how to change the defaults to other downloaded apps.
To change default Browser, Phone and SMS apps in Android:
- Open 'Settings'
- Tap 'Apps'
- Tap the gear icon on right side top of the screen
- Tap 'Default Apps'
- Tap 'Browser App' to change default browser app
- Tap 'Phone app' to change default Phone app
- Tap 'SMS app' to change default SMS app.
You can change the default browser from chrome to other browsers like Opera, Firefox, UC Browser or Dolphin. In phone diallers, you have alternatives to stock diallers like Truecaller which also provides caller id.
Note: I have noticed that some of the builtin apps like google search always open a website with Chrome browser even after changing the default browser.
- How to take print screen or screenshot with Android tablet or phone?
- Google Chrome bookmarks: Sync bookmarks between PC and Android
- How to use MicroSD card as Internal Storage in Android Marshmallow?
- How to connect a Bluetooth headphone to Android tablet or phone?
- Android Wifi hotspot tethering: password and security
- Do TF Cards and microSD cards mean the same?