Chrome's 'Reader Mode' for a better reading experience on Mobiles and Tablets.
Some long text web pages can be difficult to read with many ads, images and videos on the page. Chrome's 'Reader Mode Toolbar Icon' provides a more readable version of the page. This version is stripped off the distracting elements and the text is re-flown to make it readable. This feature is available on Mobile devices only and not on PC. 'Reader mode' is especially helpful when saving a web page as PDF using chrome.
Enabling 'Reader Mode Toolbar Icon'
- Open Chrome browser
- In the address bar enter 'chrome://flags' (without the quotes)
- Scroll down to 'Enable Reader Mode Toolbar Icon' and tap 'Enable'
Using the 'Reader Mode Toolbar Icon' for better reading experience
- In your chrome browser open a web page that has a not only a lot of text in it but also many images, videos or icons that make it difficult to read the text.
- Now tap the Reader Mode Toolbar Icon () near the address bar. Sometimes you may not see this icon. It is visible only if Chrome determines that readability can be improved.
- On tapping the icon, Chrome will present a more readable version of the web page.
- To get back the original version of the page, scroll down to the bottom of the readable page and tap 'View original'.
So what do you think about this feature? Was this helpful? Looking forward to your comments.