Android Privacy and Security 5: Malware and Virus protection
Malicious code can corrupt data or slow down your device. Follow the below steps to protect your Android from malware.
Switch OFF installation from unknown sources
Some people switch ON 'unknown sources' to install directly with APKs. Switch OFF when not needed so that malicious apps do not get installed without your permission.
- Go to Settings>>security>>unknown sources.
- Switch OFF unknown sources if it is ON.
Keep your Android version up to date
Android updates often contain security fixes. Follow the steps in this video to check if your system is up to date. Switch on wifi or mobile data before proceeding.
- Go to Settings>>About phone>>System updates
- Tap 'Check for update'. Android checks if any updates are available for your device.
- Update your device if any updates are available.
Install an Antivirus app
Install an antivirus app like CM Security and scan your Android device regularly.